CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW!

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW! * all images remain the property of Dean Baxter copyright 2010.

19 February 2010

Frogs.

Here are a few of my favourite shots I've taken of frogs over the last year, I've added twice as many species to my list since moving to my rural property, I'll identify and comment on each species above the pictures.
Enjoy,
Larrikin Bax...

Cane Toad - Bufo marinus
These next three photographs were taken while I was living on the coast near Bundaberg, although Cane Toads are a pest they make great species to photograph.




Green Tree Frog - Litoria caerulea
The first photograph was taken at Manilla which is half an hour west of Tamworth, I have found the NSW Green Tree Frogs I've seen tend to be a more vivid green were as the QLD ones I've seen tend to be a dirty green which I think may be from living close to mangos.
The second photo was taken in QLD under a mango tree.



Striped Marsh Frog -Limnodynastes peroni
I found this one inside the house I was living at in QLD, wish I had taken some photos of it outside.


Dusky Toadlet - Uperoleia fusca
I found this one at Seaham near Newcastle in the bathroom.


Peron's Tree Frog - Litoria peroni
The first Peron's I found was at Seaham, they have since become one of my favourite frog species. The first two photographs are of the first one I found, the third photograph is of one that lives around my current house, most nights it can be found on my front sliding door eating bugs so expect more photos of these guys.




Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog - Litoria fallax
This is another of my favourite frog species, probably because at any given time, be it night or day I can go to my back screen enclosure and find at least ten of these frogs, I use a spray bottle to give them drinks and love watching them at night eat bugs, there is no shortage of these guys on the property, so as with the peron's expect more photos to come.





Stoney Creek Frog - Litoria wilcoxi
I found this species for the first time the other night whilst herping with a mate, it was by far the highlight of the night as there was not much else out to photograph, only minutes after finishing taking photos of this one we spotted a second.


Ornate Burrowing frog - Opisthodon ornatus
This one was found in my laundry a week ago, hopefully I can find some outside to photograph.


1 comment:

  1. Some great shots in this section Bax. Frogs/toads are great subjects to shoot and great animals to see around your home.

    Cheers.

    Ewan.
    Herp Affinity.

    ReplyDelete