CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW!

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW! * all images remain the property of Dean Baxter copyright 2010.

09 March 2010

Broad-Palmed Frog.

Yesterday whilst I was washing my hands after work I noticed a little brown frog which at first I thought was a Stoney Creek Frog - Litoria wilcoxi, a small one at that, even though I've found Stoney Creek Frogs before I raced to my shed grabbed a box and ran back to the tap that's when I noticed it wasn't the frog I thought it was, as I reached down to grab it, it jumped under the slab of the shed, I was shattered, no ticking of a species of frog for me today. So I grabbed a drink from the tap and behold here was another one gazing at me ready to take off, well not this time, I quickly scooped it up and placed it in the box and raced the 50 metres home to grab the camera and take some shots in the yard. Yesterdays light wasn't the greatest and I only mustered one half decent shot, I found out that night it was a Broad- Palmed Frog - Litoria latopalmata, I was stoked to say the least, one more frog I can tick of the species list found! They only grow to 35-45mm so are a tiny species of frog, making the find an even bigger bonus.
Enjoy,
Larrikin Bax...

No comments:

Post a Comment