CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW!

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW! * all images remain the property of Dean Baxter copyright 2010.

07 February 2010

Welcome to "Memoirs of a Larrikin Herper".

G'Day,
First and foremost thanks for checking out my blog, hope you enjoy my post's and come back for more.
There's three things I love most in life, Australia, Wildlife and of course my family. I have a growing passion for photography which helps document my adventures as an avid herper and travelling our beautiful country.
I've always had a fascination with reptiles, but a few years ago I took my passion to the next level and applied for a license to keep Australian reptiles legally. This was the result of a trip to the Australian Reptile Park in N.S.W, where I was privileged to volunteer to hold a two and a half metre Olive Python (Liasis olivaceus) during the daily reptile show and as they say the rest in history.
As a young fella I had my far share of wrangling Eastern Blue-Tongues (Tiliqua scincoides), Marsh Snakes (Hemiaspis signata), various Skinks, Eastern Bearded Dragons (Pogona barbata), Flowerpot Snakes (Ramphotyphlops braminus), South-Eastern Blind Snakes (Ramphotyphlops nigrescens) and Red-Bellied Black Snakes (Pseudechis porphyriacus). I loved going to zoos, wildlife and national parks. I remember several times watching snake displays given by Neville Burns, which I was totally in ore of. Before licensing was introduced I tried my hand at keeping Eastern Blue-Tongues (Tiliqua scincoides) and Eastern Bearded Dragons (Pogona barbata). When I first received my license I purchased various geckos as hatchie season for snakes was still a few months off, but once I got my first python a male Centralian Carpet Python (Morelia S. Bredli) I knew where my greatest passion lay, so I sold my geckos to concentrate more on python keeping.
Fast forward a few years to the present day and I'm currently living on 1600 acres one hour north-west of Newcastle, breeding rodents for the reptile industry.
In this blog I wish to share various things like my pythons and rodents, trips to zoos, wildlife and national parks, herping adventures and anything else interesting I find myself involved in.
So enjoy and if you have a question or comment or would like to use a picture for personal use email me at larrikinbax@gmail.com and I'll be sure to reply as soon as possible.
Cheers,
Larrikin Bax...

No comments:

Post a Comment