CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW!

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW! * all images remain the property of Dean Baxter copyright 2010.

02 March 2010

Black Rock Scorpions.

All these scorpions were found on the property I live on, they are Black Rock Scorpions - Urodacus manicatus, I'll find at least four every time we go herping and lately we have been finding females with babies which is a great sign. We leave all scorpions the way we found them, gently placing the rock down under which they live. I use to keep these scorpions before I owned pythons and are an easy invertebrate to keep and set up costs can be as cheap as $5 or as dear as $20. There are several types of habitat where I live and I've found them in all types, although they tend to be found on the eastern side of the mountain, but in saying that I'm yet to have a good look on the western side. I'm sure I'll post more of these guys in the future.
Enjoy,
Larrikin Bax...




No comments:

Post a Comment