CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW!

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW! * all images remain the property of Dean Baxter copyright 2010.

05 March 2010

Australia Zoo - Beerwah.

I was going to save this post till I had uploaded all my older pictures but I just could not wait.
I got to finally visit Australia Zoo for the first time a week ago, overall I was very impressed, enclosure were huge and well thought out, my only criticism would be I had hoped there was more animals to view. All in all it was a great day and I would recommend anyone who gets the chance to go do it.
Enjoy,
Larrikin Bax...

Brass memorial statue of the Irwin family, I love how Sui is looking up at Steve, anyone who has watched episodes of the Crocodile Hunter would know that Sui did this a lot.


Not sure what species of parrot this is.


Koala - Phascolarctos cinereus
As usual a Koala sleeping.


Asian Elephant - Elephas maximus
I love this profile shot of the two Asian Elephants.


Dingo - Canis lupus
My favourite shot of the Dingos.


Asian Small-Clawed Otter - Amblonyx cinerea
These pair were a laugh to watch, they constantly did laps of there enclosure, this was my favourite shot.


Laughing Kookaburra - Dacelo novaeguineae
There were a few Kookaburras around the zoo but this is the best shot I got.


Eastern Water Dragon - Physignathus lesueurii lesueurii
There were literally thousands of these guys around the zoo, the first two shots are the best I took on the day, the last is a shot my partner took when a heap started to attack a coke bottle lid I had dropped, I placed it back on the bottle and started to tease them with it.




Saltwater Crocodile - Crocodylus porosus
Best shot I got of a salty.


Freshwater Crocodile - Crocodylus johnstoni
Best shot I got of a freshie.


Central Bearded Dragon - Pogona vitticeps
The next three shots are of three different Central Bearded Dragons, the enclosure they were housed in was amazing.




Komodo Dragon - Varanus komodoensis
Although I'm a huge python lover Komodo Dragons are my favourite species of reptile in the world so I was very stoked to get a great shot of such a gorgeous specimen, I love there shear size and ability to bite prey and follow its scent till the prey dies, if Australia ever allows us to keep exotic reptiles again look out, this will be the first on my shopping list.


Inland Taipan - Oxyuranus microlepidotus
First picture is of the Inland Taipans enclosure, second is the best shot I could get of the taipan as he was always moving around and would not stay still for a photo. Inland Taipans are also known as the Fierce Snake and possesses the most potent venom of any land snake in the world, these are my second favourite elapinae species, not because of how venomous they are but because of there black heads and speckled bodies.



Coastal Taipan - Oxyuranus scutellatus
First shot is of the Coastal Taipans enclosure, second and third is of the taipan housed in this enclosure. Coastal Taipans are by far my favourite species of Elapinae because of there long robust bodies, rusty colouring and cream snouts.




Highlands Copperhead - Austrelaps ramsayi
This was the best shot I could get of the Copperhead.


Red-Bellied Black Snake - Pseudechis porphyriacus
This was the best shot I could get of the Red Belly as it was always on the move or hiding behind grass or under a log.


Eastern Brown Snake - Pseudonaja textilis
First shot is of the Eastern Brown Snakes enclosure, second is the Eastern Brown Snake curled up in a log.



Tiger Snake - Notechis scutatus
First picture is of Tiger Snakes enclosure, second is a close up shot of Tiger Snake in hide, this is the solid black form of Tiger Snake.



Spotted Python -Antaresia maculosa
Best picture I captured of the Spotted pythons, there was around three in the enclosure, this was the only one perched up for a good shot.


Woma - Aspidites ramsayi
First picture is of the enclosure Woma is housed in, second picture is of the Woma on rock ledge climbing.



Coastal Carpet Python - Morelia spilota mcdowelli
First picture is of the enclosure the two Coastal Carpet Pythons are housed in, second and third is of the Coastal Carpet Python in the foreground with its head resting on a log.




Green Tree Python - Morelia viridis
First picture is the enclosure that the Green Tree Pythons are housed in, second and third are of the two Green Tree Pythons.




Scrub Python - Morelia kinghorni
First picture is the enclosure that the two scrub pythons are housed in, second, third and forth are of the scrub python in the foreground basking on the log.





No comments:

Post a Comment